Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weigh In!! Ice Cream,Hot Dogs,Dips,and Herb tips .......

                 Its been a good week,nothing overly special,just Good.Been steady looking for a weight chart/graph that does not require me a year of web designing to use in my blog.My brain shuts off when I see all the codes and steps involved.So I have choose a weight tracker for now.Hopefully this weekend I will be working on my before & now Pics along with another Blog I am working on.Adult Confirmation & Faith,one of the most important things I will do in my life IMO.

                 Starting off with my weight in,I did drink more smoothies this week and ate more green whenever possible,I swear I ate like 15 avocado's this week.I lost 6 pounds,Soo excited this means I'm 16.2 Lbs from leaving the 300's in the dust and 12 pounds in, on my goal of 120lbs .Ive not been out the 3's since I was like 24 I'm 36 now,you do the math.A hell of a long time!!!  :)



             At Tops we did a surprise party for a co-leaders Husband ,who was involved in a serious auto wreck.Two of the nicest ppl you could ever meet. After weigh in we met at their house,everyone brought lowfat goodies and we had a blessed night of company.I brought a dip& Veggie tray,I was nervous  bringing my raw onion dip,I know what taste good to me, Norman had assured me that it was very tasty.I still had doubts,so I took some to work before party and tested it out on my (sad)co-workers,they enjoyed it,told me it was a goo. WHEW!!! lol
                    
                                 I'm still learning and still in awe that nuts and veggies can take on such pleasurable tastes that I second guess myself that others will like them too .Everyone at the party liked it alot and were shocked at the ingredients..

Here is the onion dip tray I served
At same time I made a Sunflower Dill dip that was VERY good as well,but it did not yield enough for a group when it was all said an done...

Got both dips from RAWFREEDOMCOMMUINTY
Onion DIP    
1 c sunflower seeds (soaked)
1 c cashews (soaked)
1 whole sweet onion
1 green onion
1 tbs onion pwder
2 tbs nama shoyu
dash of poultry seasoning
Sea Salt n Pepper to taste
 throw in Fp until smooth
My notes> I didn't follow an exact recipe it was more  a suggestion of items you could use to make this dip,I approximated measurements.By all means do what you think would be better.I think next time I would do 1tbs of Shoyo,also I was a little heavy with poultry seasoning.You only need a TINY TINY bit of that.With that,I would make again for myself of a gathering,it is very good with veggies or raw crackers.

Sunflower Dip 
2 c Sunflower seeds (soaked)
2 cloves garlic (or more if your like me )   : )
2 Tbs lemon juice
handful of fresh Dill
salt to taste
Throw in FP ,process until smooth..Yumm!!

My notes> Wow how easy can it get and the Dill makes it taste amazing.I liked this one more then the onion,I don't think Ive ever use fresh Dill and man did I like it!!!

/ICE CREAM/

So I was craving Ice cream this week ,I always have a good amount of banana's frozen for just this type of crave.I decided I wanted peach IC. I picked through my bag of frozen fruit,combined banana's& peaches together  and Whoa Yummy Yummy.

I don't have an  recipe its ,Just frozen peaches & Banana's,easy quick ,good for you and taste GREAT!!! After making this I want to try strawberry this coming week.Any combo of banana's and fruit would work,even if your not 100% raw,this is so low in calories,no preservatives,chemicals what more could ya ask for :)


A good friend of mine told me about a tip to preserve fresh herbs in the fridge longer.She was right,Ive tested the theory and this tip has saved me money,Thanks Teresa :)
After buying herbs ,rinse them good and shake em dry as best as possible.Cut to size,then Use a paper towel or if you want to not have much waste, a clean wash cloth should work.Fold it and stuff in a baggie of your choice,then lay herbs on top,close bag tight getting as much air out as possible.

I have left herbs in the bag I get from the grocery store and within days they start to go,I once placed them in a vase ,with water in fridge to see if that would work,same thing they started to die within days.Using this idea my herbs have lasted weeks!!!!
Pic of my herbs I bought recently.I try to use the same bag over an over,I always replace what is low.Hopefully this summer it will be out my herb garden....


Now to the Hot Dogs
I get that "I want to make something new" urge from time to time. This weekend I'm making Raw Lasagna for the first time.The pictures Ive seen from other ppl who have made it ,its mind blowing,going to start on it tonight.Whip it up tomorrow ,I will share in next post if I came close to what it suppose to taste an look like lol scared of making this one,but as always gonna give it my all

Well last night I decided to try Raw Hot Dogs
Just dumbfounded at how  in fact, the taste did remind me of a hot dog.Was so cool an fun to make.For sure, will make these again.I also made ketcup for the first time, did my own recipe, loved it as much if not more then the hot dogs..Norman did the taste test and was like "WOW that's good". He will tell me if something sucks with the quickness,it means you did pretty good if he likes lol
Hot Dogs for Supper


I got this recipe also from RAWFREEDOMCOMMUNITY

Raw whole food hot dogs (makes 6-8)
1-1/2 c walnuts
¼ onion
¼ beet
½ carrot
2 clove garlic
2 T agave (to taste)
2 T braggs
t hickory smoke flavor
1 t marjoram
½ t celery seed
½ t salt
 t smoked paprika
sprinkle cayenne pepper
blend till smooth in food processor
form dough into hot dog shapes on telflex (6-8)
dehydrate 105 about 4 hrs
flip onto grid dehydrate to the texture you like. (Another hr or so.) Roll lightly into shape.
Serve warm.
My Notes>I didn't have marjoram,I used an Organic pizza seasoning that contained it instead.
I used a small piece of plastic wrap to mold the hot dogs,If you spoon some in middle and roll edges it helps to make a little hot dog log,worked out good without a mess.

                        Also if your like me and don't have the Nimbus 2000 dehydrator :)
and are annoyed that you cant find sheets to fit the cheap WO-man's dehydrator,I have found that parchment paper makes a ideal substitute when Dhy'ing moist items that could slip through mess screen.Overall was super easy to make,hardest thing was wainting for it to warm up so I could eat it!!
Pics of Preparations







last but not least (KETCHUP)
Ketchup
This is my own concoction ,tad sweet & sour but that's the way I like it,very fresh tasting
3-4 Small vine tomatoes
Handful or about 8 Sundried tomatoes(soaked)
1 T onion powder
3 Cloves Garlic
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
2 T Pizza seasonings
3 dates
2 T agava necter
salt to taste
Process in FP until desired Consistency...Yumm!!!


Hope Every one's week went by good and that this weekend will be a time of relaxing ,& Thanksgiving .

No comments:

Post a Comment