Monday, January 17, 2011

Savory Smoothies

I tried Natasha's soup last week from radiant raw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxTuLcky1M
Great soup!!! Sometimes I try stuff and I'm like "ayy its okay" but this is going to be made many many times,plus to me its like a savory smoothie.Ive decided I can only eat a savory smoothies with a spoon and bowl,the straw method is just gross.
                        Victoria Boutenko has a recipe on her site for a savory GS,  http://greensmoothiesblog.com/savory-green-smoothie-recip/  its awesome.The only thing I do different is add garlic in the place of the hot pepper,I have made it so many times I have lost count,feel so healthy after and I'm getting a good amount of greens in.





Working hard this week to try and add more greens in,so I made some today ,I garnished the top with shredded carrot,red pepper,and a slice of cucumber....its a must try!!!
            I got lost on RawFreedomCommunity recipe archive today,its like a goldmine for the raw foodie,I found them about 2 months ago,have been hooked since!!  I made Cheesy Cauliflower tonight.I don't make stuff like this much,as my stomach cant handle to much at one time.Raw will make your tummy shrink wile feeling like your over indulging.One of the many things that have made eating this way so easy and long term for me.

This was good,not my be all fav ,but something I would make again with a few variations.It did not call for spinach,but had some I needed to use and I liked the way it tasted together,and the longer it dehydrated the better it was imo.

Cauliflower CheeseBy Russell James
Published in his 'News From the Kitchen' eZine**

For the cheese sauce
1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked 20 minutes
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
Pinch turmeric

1 spring onions (green onion), finely chopped
5 chives, finely chopped

- Blend all ingredients except onions and chives in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Stir in onions and chives by hand.

For the cauliflower1 medium cauliflower, split into small florets (this will be about 4/5 cups)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch turmeric

- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, massage in by hand and leave to marinate for 10 minutes
To assemble
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives

- Mix the cheese sauce and cauliflower together and serve in individual portions in small bowls. The bowls can be placed in a dehydrator 1 to 2 hours before serving to warm through.
- Sprinkle the chopped chive over the top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment