Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kelp & Life

This will be the second time writing this  grrrr,have one of them tracball Pc mouse's and when i went to save the post it jumped to delete as I clicked  :(  booooo!! Thats fine though,this post will be even better....

Anyhow so my hunt for the infamous Kelp Noodles has turned into a dead end ....mail order it is or none at all.That's fine but to try the stuff ,the S&H cost more then the bag.My moms said she would go in half on a case(yay),it has a 6Mo to a year shelf life and every review Ive seen raves about it.I know my obsession started when I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xex-rgsZXH8 .I am such an old school ramen noodle girl,and this stuff looks so close,I coulda licked the screen!!
 Wile searching for K.N.,

I came across the Miracle Noodle
Ok here's what they call the miracle Noodle Low Down
* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
* wheat & gluten free and
kosher.
* Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
* are instant and come in a variety of styles
* have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!
_______________________________________________________________
Yes it looks amazing and yes if its true I want some!!!
Here's where I have a problem,I am not sure what it is made of,it says a plant soluble,but how or where does this grow.I googled but have not found ,much info.Where as I know the kelp noodles are from kelp,dried and then reconstituted to shape into noodles.Yes not raw altogether but not loaded with chemicals or pesticides either.Think it would be great to have once in awhile when you get that craving.If the miracle Noodle can give hard facts on what its source is with perhaps pictures an process info,id be interested if its truly natural.
 
 
Since im kinda starting this blog in the middle of my Raw adventure,I need to share some of my raw meals Ive tried and Also some regular things that coincide with my weight loss efforts.when i first went raw weigh loss was a hope.The major factor was my health. I will write soon my story of how and why I found raw,no one can convince me otherwise that a Divine hand had something to do with me finding out about the raw world and I am thankful every day!!!
 
 
I have been attending Tops meetings for 3to4yrs now.I have lost some here and there,but little did I know then that the pills i was on were sabotaging any efforts .Now though 6 months raw and no pills,I have been doing very well.My tops group is like a second family ,we have our ups and downs but were still there for each other in the long run.Tops does have a diet of its own,but they dont push it,its simply offered for whom ever is interested and they support whatever diet journey you choose.I meet with them every Thursday and will be posting on those nites,even when I gain,and I have gained a few pounds a couple times,but the next week I always lose even bigger then before.I am not looking to loose all my weight fast,the rate I have been experiencing is fantastic.About 10lbs a month give or take.Thats what my goal of a 120 this year is for,and I know I will do it!!!
 
 
(So this will be my first Tops posting)
Thursday 13 ,2011
Had a wonderful nite,I was awarded biggest loser for 2010 and won biggest loser for december an November.Everyone was so great and I could feel the love.I cant wait to do a raw program,so other who want to try can free thierselfs from the toxins and feel better and love life more.When I lose 100lbs my fiance is sopose to do a 30 day raw challenge.he is thin ,could lose maybe 15lbs,but he smokes and eats the worst foods.he will drink the smoothies Ive made and has had a few meals with me,but he loves his fat,greese,and chunks of processed meat.The word Challenge is a def for him lol But I have faith he will feel so much better he will want to keep some of the eating habits!!
 
Okay now to some of the raw treats Ive been blessed to try!!
 
 
 
This is by far my fav drink so far,I am almost burned out on it-ALMOST!
Vanilla Milkshake from Rapid Raw
1 coconut(meat&water)
1&1/2 frozen banana
4 dates
2 T honey
1/2 vanila bean or 2 t vanila extract
Add all ingredients an Blend
My Note>(V.beans are expensive)I get the wheat/alchol free organic ext.Brand (singing dog).It last a long time.Also If you like your milkshakes thick,add ice,its soo good and ice creamy Yummmm!
 
 
Made this a few days ago and was blowen away by how close it taste to the real thing.My mother who i have shared many dishes with enjoyed this so much she asked if  I would make her a personal one,and I caught my finace going for seconds...
 
Chocolate Cake from Rapid Raw
2 c walnuts
2 c raisens
1/2 c Cacao powder
2 t Vanila ext
Topping
1 c Cashews
2 t each carob&Cacao powder
2 T each agave&honey
1T lemon juice
Process top 4 ingredients and shape in to a cake
Process topping and spread on cake.......easy stuff and so yummyyy
 

1 comment:

  1. A very good cake indeed. I was surprised how good it was when I tasted it. Thank you Ronda for sharing.

    ReplyDelete