Saturday, January 22, 2011

Soup n Stuff

Have been waking and drinking a liter of water along with half a lemon squeezed.I usually go about 3 weeks of doing this and then I stop for a week,its a mild way of detoxing.I know I need lots of house cleaning in my body.Not interested in getting it all done at one time.Think that's dangerous,specially when medical attention can't be trusted.(likely prescribe medication and little else).Plus I cant afford a guru to check all my levels,but hey  they say the turtle always wins the race..Yea that was cheesy    :)
               After drinking water on empty stomach,I wait 30-45min later and have a huge smoothie Loaded with greens and fruit.Tomorrow I will do either a video or a step by step picture post to show for those new to smoothies.How to do it in a cheapy blender,Takes work-but can be done.
           I know when I began I was thinking yeah the vitamix looks great but no matter how much you SHOULD have it. 400 bucks doesn't materialize out of thin air.You have to find other ways that suit your needs.I did buy a pricey Juicer,was happy that I was able to to make payments.
    QVC is a <go to> when you know your committed and don't have a ton of money.They now carry the vitamix and maybe down the road.When they set up a payment plan I will have one. For now- my lil 40 dollar blender has been a powerhouse IMO.


 I am now having whats left of  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxTuLcky1M  .Man its good!!!
Only thing I did different was ,I covered bottom of bowl with avocado,then poured soup over and diced some green onions for garnish..Yummy!!!
First pic is today's lunch
Second pic is last nights dinner,I put the avocado's ontop,I think I prefer em under lol






Found some pics of dishes made during my raw Journey.Posting some simple snacks I like to make.
Love my dips/sauces with veggies or whatever is good at the moment.

1.)Creamy hemp dressing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mitqweZzUHg  with Asparagus marinated in 2 tbs of Nama Shoyu(raw soy sauce) and 2tbs of olive oil <---(First cold Pressed) for a few minutes.The dressing is as good as anything Ive bought in a store,its creamy and taste rich an evil.Is great for dipping or salads,possibly a base for zucc noodles?.....



2.)This is hummus and sliced red peppers.I made this one with beans.I don't eat beans much.I have tried the zucchini hummus ,its good just not crazy about it.Make the bean type once in awhile.Anything homemade with natural ingredients is wayyy better imo.Just have to eat smaller amounts.Here's a source on beans,why to soak them?how to soak them? or why they are not as easily digested and if your interested or have questions Im sure you will find it on this site. http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/read.php?4,24008




3.) This is Zucchini and Zucc Hummus.Very healthy ,Ive only made it once.I will make some again there are many recipes out there to try!!

After Church ,For dinner tonight I made Nori Rolls,for those who don't know its a type of sushi wrap.Prior to raw I had never ate one,and when I first tried ,wasn't sure if I would like it.Reading all the info that it is loaded with Vitamin K and tons of others good stuff for the body,it was a no brainer,I was eating it!!
So about the second time I made it,could feel a difference after eating it,felt good in a way that really cant be explained,you have to eat it for awhile to get it I guess.Now I crave it,I make a few 2 or 3 times a week.Love em!!

Here are some Pics of how I made them and what they look like .........
First off the Ingredients-and the wraps should be non toasted and all natural,if you cant find them.Use what is available,I'm not stressing on stuff like that,if you want longevity in this lifestyle I think it has to be simply a matter of doing your best.


             The bowl that looks like rice is actually Cauliflower placed in the food processor and pulsed several times till rice like.There are a ton of cauliflower rice recipes( I will make one sometimes soon)Hmm like maybe this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IKIMWRT3Q4,its very filling and can take on the taste of things around it)
The Goodies.....

layin down of the goodies

                                                                                                    
                              Soooo not a sushi chef,I suck at rolling them.

                                     
 Sweet Chili Sauce(use equal parts of agava and apple cider vinegar and a couple dashes of red peppers flakes.You will be amazed how close this taste to the real thing.Only a few ingredients I will go without if they are not   Organic, my ACV is one of them,you can taste and feel the difference from the crappy chemical wanna  be store brands,its awesome!!
 I just got done munching on these.Yumm Yumm Yumm,is all I can sayy :)

Going to play a lil wow and hit the sac,Goodnite !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment