Monday, January 24, 2011

Green Smoothies

Knowledge is power as they say,IMO educating yourself about Raw and why/how its so beneficial is a strong example of that power.Nothing is bulletproof but there are things that you stumble upon in life that give you the greatest joy,you never knew you could have.For me renewing my faith in The father/Son/& holy Spirit was huge & RAW  was his solution for the many hours I prayed for mercy through my dark years.When I hear the word Grateful,it resonates in a whole new sense.I am blessed & grateful to be alive,I truly believe this no matter what wall stands in front of me now.


                                    Before going Raw I began smoothies wile I was still eating garbage.I felt a difference ,over time I started to want to try more and more because of the benefits of just doing smoothies.I tell everyone ,overweight,sick,or just not feeling like themselves anymore, to start drinking Green Smoothies.
                                  

            Victoria Butenko,is the original creator of green smoothies.She healed her whole family and wrote a book "Green Smoothie Revolution".
 Here's a article about her life http://www.naturalnews.com/022401.html & her website http://www.rawfamily.com/ .Alo for anyone interested,Kevin Gianni was interviewing her in this news link.I love watching his show,him along with his wife they are  so real and KNOW what they are talking about.  http://renegadehealth.com/blog/  !!!

                                  My Green Smoothie- Everyone does something a lil different or has a personal taste preference,so you have to find what works for you.Here is the base recipe,I drink these almost everyday.I can feel the difference when I start to slack on my GS consumption,and my body throws a party when I begin drinking them again :)

                                   I didn't want to be anal and post a pic of every step,while at same time, wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.




1 cup water- I use spring water-Most tap water is contaminated,they add chemicals and taste enhancers.  http://www.articlealley.com/article_685676_17.html


2 banana's- In my case I cut up bunches of them and freeze them the night before in a freezer safe container-So that's about 2 cups.You can have them froze or not.Freezing them makes em extra creamy


                  Next Step Blend water&Banana's-hard to see its so bright,but its creamy now
2 Handfuls of greens- Add as much greens as you deem fit.Most start out with 4 to 5 leafs.
 I use 2 huge handfuls of whatever I'm using that day.Today I had on hand Spinach.
       Kale is my fav.,but it is good to switch greens from week to week to keep the taste buds and healing active.All fruits and veggies have different healing properties,its good to keep an open mind,and be willing to try things,you'd be surprise what you begin to enjoy eating.I know I am.
Blend banana cream & greens- Okay this is where the cheapy blender starts to beg for mercy.I have a long butter knife ready to push greens down.I pulse chop ,then open top-push greens down-pulse chop and repeat.As showing in next pic,I set blender on an angle and blend using the ice chopping speed.This works,takes a lil time,but its worth it :)  
This way the greens can sneak down the side and jump in the mixing pool,without exhausting the motor.I Slowly settle blender back into regular position all wile steady pulse blending. Pic shows what it should look like,doesn't have to be perfect,at this point its a little liquidy for my taste




Frozen Fruit as needed-     You can use fresh fruit instead and add ice for creaminess,I know frozen fruit some say is not altogether healthy because of the freezing process of some.For me when I have fresh fruit I use it,when I'm in a hurry or don't have any fresh on hand,I use this.Like Ive said before,I don't get caught up in all that,do the best you can,your body will tell you, if what your using is ta bu.Also at this point in the beginning add a few Medjool Dates or a Tbs of raw honey for extra sweetness.
             I add about 2 handfuls here.I will add one handful at a time.I then pulse chop,lean ,and stuff fruit down in blender until it mixes.I like mine super cold and Ice creamy.
Here's are the kinds of fruits I stock up on.....Bought both at SAM'S
About 8 dollars a piece
 A few people cant get past the green color,If so the triple berry Blend will make it purple
I chose tropical mix for this smoothie......
Here's a short video my GS's consistency wile blending & pic of it ready to drink/eat/sip!!
I know a couple people had asked me about making these,If anyone has any questions,leave a comment and I will do my best to answer or find the source to help........
Good Luck & Enjoy your greens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment