Sunday, March 13, 2011

Update PT2,Walnuts Burgers,Salads,Rice,Beach trip

Pt2 will be more of a picture with captions kinda post.Just to catch things up and get back on track.

I posted this on rawfoodtalk.com a day or so ago and pretty much sums up whats been going on...

Haven't posted much in blog or here in like a month almost.I will try to keep this clean lol
Me and the Mr. have really been enjoying one another more then ever.Raw has helped in so many areas. Anyhow,went to beach about 3 or so weeks ago to visit a friend,ended up in ER with abdomen pains.Turns out I was pregnant after ultra sounds they saw a tiny mass in my ovary, he was sure that it was a miscarriage,but had to be safe.The beach is a 2 half hour drive,so once a week,we've drove down there to do blood work.Had gained weight and my cravings for meat and anything else that wasn't raw was at a all time high.


               Thankfully I did not subcom to the temptations.Though there is a health food place at the beach,had a couple pieces of fresh non dairy non gluten bread was very good.Also a few dishes of steamed organic rice an beans.
   Other then that Ive been all raw yay!! I had a Miscarriage a long time ago in early 20's.We never even considered it being an issue again,never had it checked but I know my hormones are all outta wack.Even though this was Sad to lose another baby)/Happy I can get pregnant/ Relieved It was not an ectopic.



               I feel like I'm on the right track for my body,at present moment,my skin looks horrible I have rashes an bumps all over my body including neck an face.I have been bleedin for about 4 weeks straight plus the pains of the mis.I know this sounds bad and trust me it is uncomfortable , also fun to have to explain to ppl that I'm a freak and its not catching lol
         I feel though maybe my body is going through a major cleaning yet,and it still has a lot to do.That makes me happy means I'm still going in right direction.
            Far as getting prego again,me and the Mr agree its up to God.we are not trying nor putting any foreign stuff in my body to stop human nature.If it is meant to be,so be it,life is a gift.
        I am now at a 80lb weight loss,is just awesome lost 4.8 this week.


Food an sights Ive seen an tasted past several weeks...



     Made at the beach -Jalapeno walnut Burgers with sliced avocados red peppers and Zucc noodles seasoned with evoo/namaShoyu/Dash of pizza seasoning.  Major food  cravings I was experiencing had me thinking I should meet them half way,so I broke down and bought some Organic herbed Goat cheese,this was good and not something I feel I need for a loooooooong time.
                Amazing back in the day I could not put cheese down,if I opened a package of cheese it had no chance of surviving the night.Makes me feel so proud to be in control now,firmly believe addictive additives an such are added to food.Anyhow the burger recipe is in my archives if anyone would like to try it,its worth the easy effort.




Jalapeno Burger Salad

Took left over walnut burgers and crumbled over a organic salad I had purchased.added some cheese an olives was very good





        Made a rice salad for work and home one night.Corn,cabbage,kale,red pepper,olives,avocados,green onions.Very Very good.Shredded cabbage in Food processor.





Dressing I make often...
1-2 Tbs Evoo
1-2 Tbs AC Vinagar
2 cloves garlic chopped fine
Dash or 2 of Herbs de Provadence
Touch of salt
Shake or mix -I make several ahead of time for the week.
Since I'm gonna try and lesson my oil consumption-going to wok on incorporating other ideas for take along dressings...



Stores in Wilmington,NC. Funny thing is my friend has use of a cottage at the beach,we visit once a year if we can,and had never ventured this way.
            This was pretty cool,we were looking for Fresh Market and this was the Entrance to it.
     Every  building is a store/restaurant/or whatever.Looked like a little city and was huge.Hard to show in pic,just how beautiful the place was.Of course its almost all food joints I will never enter,still cool to see.

Okay I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this store and want one in my town like YESTERDAY!!!
Has the freshest Organic produce I have seen anywhere and so much to choose from,and the price is wayyy better then home.Every item is 1 to 2 dollars cheaper sometimes 3!!!! Military towns city signs should say (where we rob the locals) lol... Funny but true!!
    I had went to one in Southern Pines,and was blowen away at how good it was,then me an My mother were in Raleigh an stopped at the one in Cary on the way home,just as good.This one was the best so far,but they are all equally clean,friendly and priced way better then home along with a quality of food you just don't see anymore much.Super Impressed!!!!




                Ive gotten to know Wilmington well,since having to ride out there many times for blood work,Nurse informed me I will be needing to ride out there again soon.Hopefully this will be my last time as far as blood work goes.
        Anyhow I decided to do my grocery shopping there on one of my last trips.(fresh market)I bagged several items to store in fridge,but I got all this for 51.00 Dollars.I was in awe!!
             If bought here,would have spent close to 100 or more for all this.Kale right now is 2.99 for 7 leafs.7 leafs????? What am I suppose to do with 7 leafs,my smoothies would laugh at me if that's what I showed them for the week lol I refuse to buy it here anymore,working on growing it myself


Okay my second Love of Wilmington,NC. Lovey's!!!
       We stumbled upon this by accident wile looking for Fresh market.Friend talked us into checking it out and man am I happy we did.This has been my restaurant and joy every time I get done taking blood work .I look forward to it when we have to drive down.
            We have a great health food store here ,wonderful people and loads of stuff to try and use.This place is on a whole notha level,I'm sure its because of area,they have such a huge variety of items.The cafe part is where its at for me,although they do have a great section of raw goodies on one of the isles.The cashiers/Chef/ are super nice,some of the ppl as well.

Isn't it beautiful lol
I asked the Chef if it was okay to take pics to share with my fellow eaters,he said as long as it was good things.So I have to be nice lol In this case that will not be hard to do.
       So nice to find a place I'm not scared to eat at.Each tray of food has a ingredient list above so you know exactly what you are getting.Its all clean, organic,and fresh.
        Now not so many totally raw choices but there is sprouts and many salad items to choose from,and they sell fresh avocados and they have a juice bar as well.Awesome!!
        Up in front they have steamed organic rice an black beans.Vegetarian Chili.Free range beef hot dogs with beans,and another kind of soup or stew I cant remember.
                   Norman ate here every time I did,he turned down ribs and fast food joints to eat here,I was shocked, I was sure he wouldn't want it.
From what I can tell the menu changes ,I had a slice of sweet potatoes that was sooooo good,tasted like peppers an cilantro were added.Yummm.Only seen it that one time,Hoping when I go back it will be there..Throwin out some sublimitals to the chef  :)



This is one of meals from Lovey's Cafe.   The bread is awesome,and will prolly be the only place I will ever indulge in things like that.The crunchy bean sprouts were the first time Ive ever had those.I bought me a package and will be working on making me some of my own.I really enjoy them in salads!!
                 Beet salad was very good,and if you can see I had a tiny bit of mock chicken salad(it is made out of Tempeh/Veggionase/ and seasonings..Also something I will only have there.The veggionase I think is safe although,as always better to make yourself.Beans and rice are not raw I know,but if a cup of steamed Organic rice an beans are me cheating ,then Ive come a long way lol....
                   when I lose 100lbs,and that's only 20lbs away my mother is taking the whole family out to a raw restaurant of  my choice.This is def where I want to go,the best I have seen so far...Thanks Lovey's!!! 


This is me Norman and Elf one of my 4 dogs.
We thankfully got to enjoy the beach some before the Dr visits.Was breezy but beautiful.Besides I catch on fire when there's to much sun,them white legs dont lie  :)


I like taking pictures and thought this came out beautifully!!

Well that's all for the past 3-4 weeks lost track.
            Ironically I will be getting confirmed in Wilmington,NC in April ,apparently Wilmington is my destination this year.That's okay I was meant to live/breath/dwell near water,is okay with me!!

Until next post.............

No comments:

Post a Comment