Sunday, March 27, 2011

Under 300 YAY!!!! Short N Sweet ,Chocolate Pecan Turtles.......

Pretty much says it all I am now officially in the 200's..It has been close to 12-15 yrs since Ive seen the 200's.Unfortunately I'm like 299.3 into it lol..So if I have a light weight gain this week I weigh 300lbs again..Noooooooo haha

I cant wait till I'm far enough down in the 200's,it wont be an issue,all in due time :)
Lost 2.6 this week,feels pretty good.Next goal is to hit the 100lbs lost mark,I'm am very close to that now.Matter of a few weeks .
     Bought some beautiful dresses for a couple special occasions that are happening soon.Wow ,can really see the difference on me,in them.Havnt' bought a pair of jeans off the rack in 4ever,went to wal-mart saw some that will probably end up getting. Like a pinhead I bought a pair around Christmas time at Catherine's,(expensive).Now they are way too loose.Figure wal-mart they are cheap enough to buy a pair or two to get through this summer.Going to bag up all my big winter clothes.Sell an give them away.So many changes!!!

Blend-Tec


      Okay went to Sam's today,there was a man doing a Blend-Tec demo.I am sold!!
A vita-mix  owner said his didn't even blend this well and that he relied heavily on the pusher thing.Was really cool how fast and efficient it was.Everything was perfectly smooth.I had tried my brothers large ninja,the one with the solid base.I was very disappointed,it chopped everything up fast with no need of help.Yet it was not smooth no matter how long I blended it,the color of the smoothie was off and tiny food particles where everywhere.I want a smooooooth smoothie :)
      Is a shame,if Ninja threw in a regular blending blade in the bottom along with all the other blades,it be unstoppable!!
                 Well this demo included soup,smoothie,and ice cream.The soup was so good we stayed around and talked with the guy,he gave me the recipe along with some others.Super Impressed! Norman was like man this could save you so much time,he often threatens me that he's gonna put me,a cutting board and the blender in the shed an let me have at it,so he can watch movies in quiet  lol
                      My cheapy blender gets the job done better then some of the bigboys from what Ive seen,yet it can sometimes take forever it feels.
Can not afford this anytime soon,but going to keep an eye on QVC perhaps make payments..Gonna fall asleep dreaming of the blendtec demo lol


A few foods I made this week
Nothing spectacular,basic stuff.

                 Zucc Noodles N marinara sauce

                    



Chocolate Pecan Turtles


                            Zucc Noodles N marinara sauce Mixed


Recipe for the Zucc spaghetti
Half Zucc julienned
5 bella mushrooms
2 green onions diced
half Avocado chopped
1 T evoo
1 T Nama Shoyu

Toss Evoo,Nama Shoyu,and Noodles together for a minute or so
Add other ingredients,toss together
Then pour on Sauce an dig in.Fast an easy dinner

I experimented on my Sauce there are others in my archive if you'd like to try one,the one in pic was what I had left over tomato soup,added some spices ,a few dates,an sun dried tomatoes,was pretty tasty.



Chocolate Pecan Turtles

Have had a bit of sweet tooth this past week,Saw this recipe an had to make it.Mmm very good,kinda rich but def hit the sweet-spot.gave my mother some,she said"you could make a business with these alone",I agree they are that good.

1c Coconut Butter
1/4 c almond butter
2 T Vanilla Ex
2 T carob Powder
3/4 Cacao Powder
1 T agave
2 c Pecans

Mix all ingredients well before adding pecans,one mixed well,coat them ,layer them on a cookie sheet or w/e is handy and freeze for at least a half hour before serving.

My Notes> I added some salt,I like sweet n salty,also added a bit more agave to suit my taste.Everything was perfect,only thing I do different next time was half the amount of coconut butter,my thinking is it wouldn't be so rich but still real good.Shall find out :)



Thought I'd share a pic featuring one of the brood,Here's Corban rolling his eyes at me,such love!!!

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you found yourself a couple of dresses. I know you will be stunning. You have done great and are such a role model to us. Thank you for sharing with your Tops group we love you and support you 100%. I can not wait to see your new dresses and see you model your new jeans.
    Tops Love,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Dee,Im blessed to have you and my tops family in my life,thank you an heres to all of us getting healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your continuing progress! The food looks delicious and it sounds like you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little garden.
    Corban is a sweetie.
    I would also try half the amount of the coconut butter.
    Nice pics of the recipes.
    Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best wishes to you and continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Support LN,Jessica & Frannie,means alot!!

    ReplyDelete