Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Summer Summer SumerTIME!!

     As always I will start with Tops,had a great weight loss last Thursday of 9 lbs.Yay grats for me!!Everyone has been super supportive and encouraging,couldn't ask for a better TOP's chapter.
           Knew I had lost  alittle because I felt most of the miscarriage was over and the pain an heavy flow was starting to tapper.I am still pretty broke out everywhere,that too will dissipate over time. 
Now  2.3 lbs from breaking the 300's!! Friggin amazing is all I gotta say :) Oh did I mention I love RAW!!!!!



Didn't do much of anything special this week for food.Did however come across a post on RAWFOODTALK.com  discussing wraps and a few suggestions pointed to collard leafs.Never ben a fan of collards,but had tried them once raw an they wont half bad.Thing is, they are hard to find Organically grown here.Had a bunch from trip to Wilmington left over and decided to give it a try.
Mmmm Mmm Mmmm,delicious and the Sky's the limit on what you roll inside,also I think I could make this ahead of time for lunch next day without any moisture issues.YAY!!





For my first one I crushed a avocado up with a spoon,an spread it like butter on one side of leaf.
Cut out stem so it wouldn't be bulky.
After I julienned a cucumber,and sliced some red pepper,added a lil evoo,crushed garlic
Covered outside of leaf with sheet of nori.
Rolled an chowed down.
Have done many times since,changing ingredients an its all been Good!

Had to go to Wilmington again Monday to do bloodwork,nurse said this should be last time.Man I hope so,gas isn't exactly free right now.Not to mention by the time you get home your just wore out,butt kinda resembles the truck seat after 8 hours in it.
         As always though we make the best out of it,and I saved up for a few Organic greens from Fresh Market and of course a tasty lunch from Loveys healthy Cafe.

Fresh Market
1 Bunch Collards
1 Bunch Cilantro
1 Bunch Radish's
2 Bunches kale
1 fruit bowl
3 bunches green onions
2 Bunches Spinach
  Did my week or so of Grocery shopping wile I was there ,Got all that for 24.00,such a good deal compared to here,not to mention I cant find half this stuff Organic,so was very Happy with purchases!!

      Walked into Loveys and was blowen away ,thought I had went into wrong building at first,since my last visit,they had bought the store next to them,tore down the wall added on and remodeled. Didn't know it could get better,the place was booming with business,you can now even order food or eat off the bar.Now the place isn't a raw joint but all the food is Organic,non-gmo,gluten free and alot of the items on bar I have made for myself at home.All the dishes are cold,cept for rice,beans,and soups .Only one item have I seen meat or cheese in on bar,and everything is listed with ingredients.I so Love this place!!!!
            For my last trip to Wilmington in April to celebrate my conscious adult acceptance to join as a soldier of Christ (confirmation) the whole family has agreed to eat here.Hopefully we will be celebrating another milestone..Who knows :)

Garden fever
My brother gave me a few kale plants,lettuces,spinach and something I cant for the life of me remember what it is lol
I am such a noob when it comes to gardening,but I'm learning.I threw out a strawberry plant before researching,and Hmm they do in fact grow back an multiply.OOPS!!
No worries,going to dedicate a patch just for them,since I know they will be returning now.
      Anyhow the few plants have sparked my excitement for  gardening again this year,last year was my first time.All potted around porch,figured if I enjoyed it an wanted to do more,next year would be a real garden.So here we are next year!!
Working on renting a tiller and scouting out what I can plant.Keepin it simple!!


Few Pics of plants...


Yea he also gave me a spider plant,an my bestest friend gave me the cute teacup planter.Aww lol
In first pic the first plant to the left is the one I cant remember ,he said it was Korobchi,Korobi,Comochi...Grr Ive googled but cannot find anything close to that,will call him this weekend. He said it grows kinda like abulb at bottom of plant suppose to be super good for ya,it reminded me of a fennel look.I dunno,if anyone knows before I get ahold of him,let me know PLZ  :)

God Bless World!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment